Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 am 

Well, per the most recent MRI, my mothers Astrocytoma III has progressed and there is significant swelling in her brain. How can that be? She finished the radiation/chemo combo and 2 cycles of followup chemo (5 days on/3 weeks off). Our plan now is to take her to Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center to see what they have to offer. My question to you guys is 1. has anyone had experience with Georgetown and 2. what option(s) was given to anyone needing 2 round of treatment.

I appreciate your help, as always!
SUZI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm 

change diet and attitude and throw the pills in the trash can lety your mom enjoy what time she has not suffering at the hands of these so called doctors.. I have a grade 3 olidendroglioma and i took 2 rounds chemo and i will never again. smile always and stay positive i know easier said tHAN DONE

Post subject: Food is medicine!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm 

I agree that it is important to change the diet and the attitude, and try and get out and walk or exercise every day. I have been using Boswellia Serata (450mg every 6 hours) to reduce the swelling from my GBM grade IV (diagnosed 08.2010).
Good food reference books are David Servan-Schreiber's "Cancer and your terrain" and Richard Beliveau's Foods that fight Cancer.
Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:44 am 

I'm not familiar with Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center. I would try to get her to relax and focus on something else besides her tumor. Changing her diet may be beneficial but I think it's important to stay positive and enjoy every day to its fullest.