Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm 

Ok, does anyone know about getting radiation to the frontal lobe area? I had a grade 3 Hemangiopericytoma removed that was the size of a golf ball. They did a total resection & the doc says he got it all & that i should do the radiation for 6 weeks. so, they shoot form the right side first, the left side, then the center, for the first 7 days I did not wear an apron to cover the rest of my body from the exposure. But i read on this site that i should try to protect myself & ask for one. I went in today, ask for an apron, they told me i didn't need one, but i said can you get me one anyway & i waited. it was really good to know i can get information that might help me in my fight...thanks for any help...BB

Post subject: Was This IMRT or Proton?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 pm 

I was curious if this was IRMT or proton? The reason I ask is I have a friend who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, and he is looking at alternative treatment options. From what he has told me proton therapy is no longer experimental, and is a viable option for brain tumors. I have personally never heard of it and was looking for info on it. With you in treatment I thought you might have some feedback? I hope you don't mind me asking.