Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Itching/Creapy Crawlers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 am 

Ok I am 6.5 weeks post craniotomy and its still fairly numb (was right frontal lobe tumor) but I have this crazy 'ants under the skin' feeling which itching doesnt help as it feels like its inside...I am guessing its nerves regenerating...I had a CT 2 weeks ago as I am having headaches now too and it was "clear" doctor said. I have my post op visit Tues, hoping to get restrictions lifted...so am I nuts or did others get this creapy crawly feeling too? Driving me insane! Wakes me up at night too. Ikes! Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 am 

That is the nerves starting to heal. I am 5 months out from my surgery and still have limited feeling, but the "ants' have calmed in the last 2 months. I was itching it like crazy or just rubbing my head and not noticing just to calm them down. The headaches and that are normal too. It's just one big wait and see game. Hope you are feeling better.

Mine was a left frontal meningioma. Do you still have the popping sounds? I can only describe it as poprocks in my skull? I'm wondering when that will stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 am 

Itching is still driving me crazy it was 8 weeks ago Monday..It is usually at night it seems...I know this too shall pass...

I did not/do not have the 'poprocks' going on..hope it goes away soon for you.

I do notice the cold (live in Michigan, USA) gives me a headache now...guessing the heat will to. It is not the worst thing in the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 am 

My tumor was really big, so I had a large airpocket left, the popping is the air escaping, I guess people can call me airhead and it not be offensive anymore :) The itching is bad at night because it's quiet and there is nothing else to focus on. I hope it goes away soon. I know it should take a couple of months. THe cold hasn't bothered me yet (California, USA) but the sun hurts my scar, I have to wear hats now. I don't look very good in them either. I guess I'm just happy to be alive, so hats aren't that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 am 

yes all the annoying little things are far better then the alternative... glad to be alive too

I am female and have enough hair to cover my ear to ear scar so I am thinking the sun (if we ever see it again) should not bother it. Most cannot even tell I had surgery. He did a great job....which reminds me I never got the 'official' size...guestimate was golfball size Right Frontal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 am 

I am female too, 29, my hair is growing back. I asked the hospital for all of my records. I wanted a disc of all of MRI's and I have the CT films. When I recieved the scans they also sent me the reports my doctor wrote up. Being able to see how far my brain had to move was amazing. All of that information is imporatant for you to have for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:56 am 

yes I too have all my info, just have not read it all! I am not sure I really want to. I am a nurse and still feel like I am talking about a patient of mine, not me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm 

Hi b2kpow,
I too had the ants under the skin feeling for months which drove me crazy after my first caniotamy, it stopped after changing my anti sezuire meds ( always worth a look) 4 cranys later, 1 brain infection and reconstructive skull surgery im living life to the fullest! Glad to be alive, all the best.
Stacy