Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: grade 2 tumour
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm 

hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and was wondering if there was anyone out there with a similar diagnosis to me who I could ask questions of. I have a grade 2 brain tumour and i am a 37 year old female. Grade 2 tumours seem to be a bit of a limbo land because they are not begnin and they are not malignant. It is hard for doctors to give an idea of how long i will live but i need to know what to expect to a certain extent. i was diagnosed in late july. it would be nice to hear from people who have a grade 2 tumour.
kaye

Post subject: Re: grade 2 tumour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 am 

Hi Kaye,

Welcome to the site!

Please ask your questions and we'll see if we can help :).

The BTAA - http://btaa.org.au/ - has a freecall number and an information pack that you may find useful.

While we cannot offer medical advice, that is what the doctors are for, we can offer support.

Cheers Ken.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm 

Hi Kaye,

I have a grade 2 tumor (frontal lobe low grade glioma). I was diagnosed in July 2010 at the age of 38. I'm happy to help with any questions you have or discuss my experiences with you. Is there anything particular you would like to know?

Regards,

Billy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 am 

hi billy,
thanks for the reply. i was only diagnosed in july. it is an astrocytoma and it is a large tumour on the right hand side of the brain so it is too big to be operable. is yours operable? i have had radiation therapy but havent got the results yet. i guess i just want to know what to expect, chemo, how long ive got to live, etc. whether i will become a vegetable or retarded or just suffer some short term memory loss, how i will die, will it be peaceful, coming to terms with all these things i guess. have you had radiation and/or chemo?
kylie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 am 

Hi Kaye.

I haven't had any treatment as my doctors advised me to just watch ant wait. So far there has been no change in my tumor and it’s not affecting me in any way so I’ll go without treatment for now. Mine is also inoperable due to its location.

In terms of what lies ahead - I really can't say as everyone's situation is different. It's always advisable to discuss this with your doctors who know your details – are you seeing an oncologist or brain surgeon? However from the advice I have been given on my situation - it seems that there is a lot of hope if you have a grade 2 tumor. Grade 2 tumors can take many years before they transform into a higher grade, if at all. In this time you can look at using your diet, exercise, meditation and more to create an environment in your body that makes it hard for the tumor to change to a higher grade. A great book to read for this is “Anticancer: A New Way Of Life” by David Servan-Schreiber.

I would also advise that you be careful when Googling for information as there is a lot of statistics / data out there that is very out of date or may not apply to your situation.

I hope this helps Kaye.

Billy.