Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:16 am 

Congratulations. Great news Stacey! - especially about your kids. I'm a dad, as you know, and the kids are always the primary concern. God bless you too Stacey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 am 

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick post to let you all know Im doing fine, had some meds changed, not pleasant for the first few weeks but ok now, been enjoying the warmer weather doing my usual mowing, gardening. Will be taken off all sezuire meds next month ( now thats scary ) Hope your all good!
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:30 pm 

Oh Stacy that is wonderful news. You must feel on top of the world!!!
Alley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 am 

Nice work Staci. That grass needs to be kept under control! :D

Post subject: It's a jungle out there!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:07 am 

Hi Stacy,

Glad you are well. Hope the seizures have the sense not to bother you again when their meds go!

Daniel is well in fact he has turned into a dare-devil. Just back from the Gold Coast theme parks and he loves the scary rides! He had the best time ever.

Our yard currently resembles a jungle after time away and the spring weather so I am off to mow too.

Best wishes and thinking of you.

Sandra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:59 am 

Hi All,
Just back from seeing my neurologist in Sydney & he seems more comfortable that i stay on my anti sezuire meds ( bummer ) I was hoping to loose a handfull of pills per day but he obviously knows best. Im having a nice big needle shoved in the back of my neck tommorow ( nerve block ) OUCH! to try to relieve daily migrane, I hope it works.
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

Just to let you all know, I had 4 needles last Tuesday in the back of my neck to relieve the migrane that has plagued me for 2 yrs, The nerve block treatment is working well, and Ive had no pain medication for 6 days , not even panadol, Im full of energy and sleeping well, bloody miracle!!!!!
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 am 

Now that's what I call a good Xmas - pain free and with less medication :).

Keep up the good work - good on you for trying drug free alternatives first. Too often our doctors reach straight for the medication first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:19 pm 

Great news Stacy! Just getting some good sleep must make a big difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:31 pm 

Hi & Happy New Year To You All,
Had my oncology appointment today, Ct looks fantastic although havent got the official report, no sign off reocurrance but I officially have a screw loose, so back to my Neuro ASAP to see what can be done, still feeling rather good after my nerve block, have so much energy again its amazing!!!

Regards Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 am 

So happy for you Stacy, what an awesome start to the new year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:09 pm 

Hi All,
Just a quicky to let you know Im doing ok, off all sezuire meds now 3 weeks, not at all bothered, heaps more energy, and yes I have a migrated screw that rolls around under my skin which my neuro dosent seem too concerned about but drives me nuts, headaches still a problem but Ive come to the conclusion that im stuck with them, life goes on in some sort of nomal pattern now, and good news IM A GRANDMA ! my daughter gave birth to a healthy 8lb 6 oz boy last sun 13th feb Isaac who is gorgeous, never in my wildest dreams did i think i would be here for my first grandchild!
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:52 am 

Off the seizure meds is great and having heaps more energy is even better. My theory is that it helps to move us further to the right of the median curve.

I'll have to ask my neurosurgeon about this next visit, probably the risks outweight the annoyance. My plate felt loose for about 9 months afterwards.

Congratulations on being a grandparent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:54 pm 

Off to Sydney next week for my 6 month CT & MRI, been off sezuire meds now 5 months, not even a tickle.....still officially have a screw loose,( always a good talking point) will see Neuro on 20th June to review scans and work out whether to repair plate, or just leave alone, would prefer to leave it but it does cause some discomfort, migranes are still a problem, going round in a big circle with pain meds, but what the heck IM alive and thats all that matters....became a grandma 9th Feb..lost my mum 9th march .........was refused to be taken to hospital by ambulance as emergency was tooooooooo busy, had a massive heart attack 1 hour later.
Thanks to the cancer council for flying my husband and I to this yrs BT Seminar at the menzies hotel Sydney & giving us such a beaut king size room! Great to see so many farmiliar faces , so many newly diagnosed patients there, very upsetting as well.
stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm 

Just back from having my MRI and CT, neuro appointment...In the clear once again..NO reoccurance...Im thrilled, still have a screw loose( but dont we all ) MRI now in 1 year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next