Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:08 pm 

Great result Stacy!

Hope it was worth the wait :). Glad to hears things are stable too. Hope that lawnmower is prepared to work hard soon ;).

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 am 

Thanks Ken,
Ive been feeling pretty good, been over doing things as usual and been having a few dizzy spells but not too concerned, the migranes are wearing off which is a big plus and not having to wear my helmet is a strange feeling, I still grab it when i walk outside so I might get the boys to get the baseball bat out and smash it too bits.
Stacy

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 pm 

stacy wrote:
I still grab it when i walk outside so I might get the boys to get the baseball bat out and smash it too bits.
Stacy

Sounds fantastic! Give it an extra whack from all of us!!

Post subject: infection?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm 

Just when I thought things were going well I developed a lump just above my wound about the size of a 20 cent piece plus at one end a small but very red pimple like lump, no discharge yet but starting to scare the crap out of me as I dont want to have re_infection as Ill be back having my acyrilic bone flap removed and i will be back to square one again wearing that darn helmet. I will have blood test ant Ct this week.
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm 

I hope that its what is sometimes called a false positive, in that it is unrelated - that's what I hope for you :).

Either way you have made it this far and proven you are made of the right stuff :). If they have to redo this, I know that you will do us proud!

All the best for the tests this week :).

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 pm 

hi Ken,
Seems i have a localized infection so just some antibiotics, bloods where clear and CT showed nothing sinister, so Im not feeling so anxious and made it to my sons Year 12 formal dinner last night which even though it was darn hot and I felt sick I managed to put on a brave face, dress up and get some weird looks with my snazzy punk half shaved hair do.
Regards Stacy

Post subject: Re: ok
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 pm 

stacy wrote:
hi Ken,
Seems i have a localized infection so just some antibiotics, bloods where clear and CT showed nothing sinister, so Im not feeling so anxious and made it to my sons Year 12 formal dinner last night which even though it was darn hot and I felt sick I managed to put on a brave face, dress up and get some weird looks with my snazzy punk half shaved hair do.
Regards Stacy

Go the snazzy punk half shaved do! I bet you rocked it too!

It seems to be all the rage. Just came back from a week holiday and whilst away, saw a 4 year old with a half shaved half long hair combo (although the long bit was down the middle, like a mohawk but not spiked up). Glad the infection turned out to be nothing too sinister. xx

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm 

Hi Montaldi,
Im off to the big smoke (Sydney) this week for my 6 week follow up, so im sure he will check my scar say everythings ok or really give me the shits with some bad news, I still have a small spot of infection which is tender to touch but not too bad and am still on antibiotics other than that my lawn mower is all reved up and ready to go, my headaches are almost gone and im eating like a horse!!! which i havent done for a year, Ive decided to re-enroll at Tafe next year and get my life back on TRACK.
Kindess regards Stacy

Post subject: good news
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:15 pm 

Good News,
I just returned from my neuro and at long last things are looking a lot brighter, he was thrilled with my MRI, wound is healing well although still tender, I can fly again YIPEE!!!! and also I can drive as well but I will be taking baby steps with the driveing as its been so long, Need to see a neurologist in 6 months to see if I can decrease my meds and no Mri for 6 months, my hubby and I where overwhelmed with all this good news I nearly gave my Neuro a big hug, so back to getting my life in some order again only very small chance of re-infection 0.25% in the first year.

Merry Xmas everyone
Stacy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:11 am 

Stacy,

Great timing for the festive season - maybe that's the ticket let's all take a holiday from this disease. That way we can truly have a festive season!

Yes, being confident driving again takes a while. I dobbed myself in and had my license taken away. Boy it was hard work getting it back, but worth it :).

Hope you have a great Xmas after a trying year. Next time give the neuro a hug, I'm sure they need one occasionally after all that they deal with.

My two cents worth for the festive season - its about family and being grateful for all that is good in our lives - not overindulgence. Have lots of laughs, love & hugs!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:35 am 

Hooray, so happy to hear the good news. Congratulations it has been great reading how you went to your son's farewell and enjoy yourself despite the difficulties. Watch out lawnmower and that stack hat!!!

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Great Healthy New Year!

Sandra.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 pm 

Thanks Ken & Sandra,
Ken youve always been there for me through out the past year, with your great advice , words of wisdom and seemed to say the right words when I was down in that hole of dispair and desperation finally I see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, Id like to wish you and your family a wonderfull Xmas and God Bless YOU!!!!!!.

Dear Sandra,
Hows that little man of your doing , i often think of you and Daniel and wish you all the best, a super big hug to Daniel hes a champ.

Stacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 am 

Hi Stacy

You haven't posted for awhile how are you?

Miss your updates.

Best wishes Sandra.

P.S.

Daniel is going better than the Doctors ever thought he would. At school all day now only problem he has is his left eye now. He is deaf in left ear and a bit unsteady on his feet but left eye is the only thing that gives him grief.

Post subject: still here
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm 

Hi Sandra & Daniel,
Ive been off air for awhile, been having computer troubles, and also not feeling crash hot lately. I have had some really bad migranes which have confined me to bed and still some infection on scar which troubles me as I still have a high rate of re-infection which would mean removal of the resign bone flap and back to square one with a hole in my head. I have had weekly blood tests and CT last week which shows nothing unusual but still the migrane persists, stress and depression are kicking in again and some panic attacks which dosent help the situation , GP is clueless as to what is causing all this pain but Im off to Lord Howe Island in 2 weeks so hopefully i can just chill out and try to enjoy my long awaited family holiday( thats if my head dosent explode on the plane) :lol: Im so glad your little man is doing so well, he is a miracle in the making!!!! hugs to you both
Regards Stacy

Post subject: Enjoy your holiday!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 pm 

Hi Stacy thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well with the migraines and infection. No wonder you are feeling depressed any sort of pain after an extended ordeal makes you feel like when does it all stop, doesn't it? Hope you can find some joy to lift your spirits.

Lord Howe Island sounds great. Haven't been there but all that have seem to give it a great review. Should be a beautiful place to chill.

Perhaps it's time to bring the helmet out of retirement for the plane trip to keep your head from exploding- just in case!! :D

Love and best wishes,

Sandra and Daniel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next