Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Inspirational!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 am 

Hi everyone!
I'll just explain briefly about myself - I'm a nurse over in the UK, and work on a cancer ward. Many of our patients are brain tumour patients - particuarly with GBM, Oligodendrocytoma, etc.
I came on this website partly for my own personal research to learn more about brain tumours, those living with them etc.
I just want to say what an inspiration to me you all are and what a fantastic resource this website is for those unfortunately suffering with brain tumours - it's fabulous to see you all posting such encouraging and kind messages of hope to one another.
I wish you all the very best of luck with your treatment - it's a shame more patients in the UK don't know about sites like this!
Rachael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 pm 

I think that Ross should take alot of credit for setting up this site :). Unfortunately, his wife did not make it but he set up this site to help others.

Not sure about other users, but like you I looked around and this is the best site that I found. One of the things I like are the sections, I like to follow the research. Another is the mix of patients and relatives/ support people.

Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to share some of knowledge and stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the kind words Ken, however it is contributors like yourself that have made this site what it is.

It really has become a community here and I am so glad to see people really care for each other and offer such great support.

As everyone here knows, no one else can "know" what it is that we go through.... you have to live it to know it.

Post subject: new to forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:24 am 

I also am very happy to have found this site, it will be very helpful to me. I am an oncology nurse in suburb of chicago, see many with brain tumors as well. Their courage and strength make me a better person. Now, GBM has touched me personally, I entered a post just a moment ago . My daughter boyfriend, 32 yr. old, GBM of spinal cord, very rare. I think I will look often for help from those who write. Thank you.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:23 am 

This site is awesome and on difficult days I turn here for support and comfort. Thank you to everyone for making this site so special. I am so happy I found it! :)