Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm 

Hearcam wrote:
This story comes from New Zealand with a great outcome. It followed a conventional treatment pattern but was enhanced by beliefs resulting from research into what can be done to help the patient. It may not be classed as 'leading edge' but I just want people to know what was done as I'm sure it will help. It has for us.
My wife was diagnosed with GBM4 in May 2009. She had to be operated on immediately which included a helicopter transfer from where we live to Auckland - 2.5 hours drive away. It was operable fortunately but the prognosis we got was poor. The operation was very successful with no defects. She began Radiotherapy with combined Chemotherapy 4 weeks later. She then suffered hair loss and a low platelet count with her first 5 day Temodal course which curtailed ongoing treatment.
She is a senior nurse (59) with 40 years conventional training so wanted to go down the conventional path. She also followed a researched nutrition strategy to enhance the treatment which she still follows.
She has now had 3 MRI scans, all showing the tumour completely gone. Her hair has regrown, her blood counts are normal, she has been back at work for 9 months now and is completely back to normal - piano, tennis, driving, everything. That's 15 months now.
So after that initial treatment, she has completely relied on the diet she followed. A tumour is 'cells going wrong' basically so we decided that it must be possible to get them right again. It would appear we have but who knows, some luck for sure, but a lot of others with cancer seem to have done it too. Food is critical to how the body acts I believe.
I have written up a 5 page document covering exactly what we did which I am happy to make available to anyone wanting it. I don't know if this site has such a facility, maybe someone will know.
It is early in the recovery path so we're told but we have some confidence now. Our Oncologist is happy but I don't think he is convinced anything we have done has had any real effect. I'm sure it has.
:D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:10 pm 

This is reason we were looking for. My daughter was diag. glio4 -on 3/23/11, we took her to other oncologisits and food, seems to be a highly obvious treatment as well as the radiation/chemo, what is your thoughts of avistin and have you heard of chllroquine?
Hearcam wrote:
This story comes from New Zealand with a great outcome. It followed a conventional treatment pattern but was enhanced by beliefs resulting from research into what can be done to help the patient. It may not be classed as 'leading edge' but I just want people to know what was done as I'm sure it will help. It has for us.
My wife was diagnosed with GBM4 in May 2009. She had to be operated on immediately which included a helicopter transfer from where we live to Auckland - 2.5 hours drive away. It was operable fortunately but the prognosis we got was poor. The operation was very successful with no defects. She began Radiotherapy with combined Chemotherapy 4 weeks later. She then suffered hair loss and a low platelet count with her first 5 day Temodal course which curtailed ongoing treatment.
She is a senior nurse (59) with 40 years conventional training so wanted to go down the conventional path. She also followed a researched nutrition strategy to enhance the treatment which she still follows.
She has now had 3 MRI scans, all showing the tumour completely gone. Her hair has regrown, her blood counts are normal, she has been back at work for 9 months now and is completely back to normal - piano, tennis, driving, everything. That's 15 months now.
So after that initial treatment, she has completely relied on the diet she followed. A tumour is 'cells going wrong' basically so we decided that it must be possible to get them right again. It would appear we have but who knows, some luck for sure, but a lot of others with cancer seem to have done it too. Food is critical to how the body acts I believe.
I have written up a 5 page document covering exactly what we did which I am happy to make available to anyone wanting it. I don't know if this site has such a facility, maybe someone will know.
It is early in the recovery path so we're told but we have some confidence now. Our Oncologist is happy but I don't think he is convinced anything we have done has had any real effect. I'm sure it has.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 pm 

Hi Val.
I don't know about any of the drugs sorry. Denise has not had to take any and as we are following a nutritional strategy that is working I hope there will be no need to.
Due to the large amount of research I have done over these past 2 years, I now lean towards the non-medical side of how to cure this sort of chronic condition so I am not the best person to ask anyway.
I accept Denise's GBM4 was initially removed by the surgery (and maybe the radiotherapy) but her chemo was brief, of dubious value and not a good experience. I have said to her that I don't think she should every have any again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 pm 

Quote:
they still show no interest in what she is doing

And they never will. It seems everyone in the medical profession is so hypnotized by survival curves double blind trials and the pharmaceutical industry, they can't see anything else. If you've read 15 year survivor Ben William's book (How to survive terminal cancer), you'll know he had exactly the same experience.

I've now adopted a very "business like" approach when dealing with the medical profession. People think I'm crazy for just avoiding refined sugar, flour and rice. The main thing is that your wife is doing so well, and is on track, if only they knew that I meditate, they'd think I was absolutely wacko.