Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 am 

Hi Everyone

It is so fantastic that I have found this forum, after 5 years that my hubby Oli has been battling this, it is great to know I can speak with people who understand what we are going through.

My husband Oli was diagnosed with his first brain Tumour in March 2007 at the age of 26, 6 months before our wedding. He had surgery which did not go too well and even after the neurosurgeon told us he got it all out, I wasnt convinced. We decided to get a second opinion as we still hadnt received the results of the biopsy after 6 weeks.

As suspected the tumour was still there and in June 2007, Oli had his second operation. All went well and he was home 2 days later. We got Married in October 2007 and had the most amazing honeymoon in Europe.

Unfortunately the tomour came back in March 2009, so Oli had another operation, then again in November 2010 and another 3 weeks ago on 7th December 2011. Up until the last surgery the tumour has been a grade 2, but the last surgery the tumour is now a grade 3, So Oli will have to see a Radio Oncologist. All up Oliver has had 5 surgeries.

We are so blessed that we have the most amazing neurosurgeon who has always been so optimistic. Oli and I of course are a little scared with the next step as it is unknown to us. Our neurosurgeon has referred us to someone in Sydney so we are waiting for an appointment.

We always try and remain positive and always try and look at the positive in every situation ( some days not so easy!! ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 am 

Oli and I somethings in common, including our diagnosis date :).

Every time he had an operation there should have been a pathology, not radiologist, report to confirm the grade.

Congratulations on staying positive. This is one the 'secrets' to coping and quality of life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am 

Hi
Thanks foryour reply. There was a confirmation of grade after every surgery. It was a Grade 2 Astrocytoma so he didnt require further treatment at that stage. The last one was a Grade 3.

We have now confirmed the appointment with Radiation Oncologist for the 10th January. Feeling a little nervous.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 am 

Hi Everyone

I needed to talk to someone.... Things feel a little scary today. My husband is half way through his radiation. Im not sure what is wrong with me today. Im normally so positive and the one telling him everything will be ok.
Everything is so uncertain at the moment and our lives so hectic. I suppose I am feeling a little overwhelmed. There is so much to take in all the time.

Ive had a cry sitting here in front of my computer at work and ive sternly told myself to pick myself up and put a smile on my face because there is always a positive in every bad situation.

Feeling a little better, just needed to get it out there.

Romina 81 :D