Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 am 

Hello, I am new to this site, but feel it will be very helpful to me and my daughter. I am writing because her boyfriend, 32, was dx. w/GBM G4 arising in the spinal cord, 4 weeks ago. We are devastated, just now accepting what it all means. But, I tell my daughter that miracles happen every day and she needs to remain hopeful. I ask those in this forum to send any good thoughts, support, and success so I may tell her. I am going to tell her of this site as well. The patient is doing quite well except for DVT/PE found last friday. HE is now back in the hospital for that tx. He also has a lot of R leg spasms because of where tumor sits. But, no neuro. deficits, he has no brain involvement. Sandard Temodar/RT. I have read the stories here and I am so happy for those that continue to strive. The patient, my future son-in-law, is a wonderful guy; I couldn't feel more proud that he is in my daughters' life. Anyone on this forum familiar with spinal cord GBM?

Last edited by Scottysgirl1 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 am 

Thank you for sharing your story. I wish your daughter and future son-in -law all the very best. My husbands journey with brain cancer started 5 years ago when he was 25 years old and 6 months before our wedding. To date he has had 5 surgeries to remove tumours in his brain and has just started 6 weeks of radiation.
Over the years we have been through some difficult and trying times but I always try and look at the positive in every situation and believe there is a positive in every one, even though at times it doesnt feel that way. I always tell Oliver ...honey you are the exception!!!! The excpetion to every hard prognosis, every statistic... Everything will be ok.
As for your daughter, I feel her pain and sadness. Just when you know you have met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and build a future together something happens to change everything. Everything thing seems so scary and uncertain. Tell her to take one day at a time, be strong, be there for him and to always make sure that even though he is not well you appreciate quiet, quality time together. It will help the both of them to stay strong. Still make time to enjoy simple things together and dont forget to smile...It may sound simple and silly but it really does help. Everytime you see him .....smile.
I wish your family all the very best and I will pray for you. You are right miracles happen every day :D