Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:53 pm 

I just want to let everyone know that my best friend Mark Dowling from Melbourne Australia succumbed to his GBM earlier this week. After first being diagnosed with a brain tumour in late March '06, three months later doctors revised the diagnosis from a grade II tumour to grade IV GBM. Mark ended up surviving 13 months after first being diagnosed. He fought courageously every single day and never ever felt sorry for himself. He was an inspiration to his family and friends and will be missed every single day. Mark initially took Temadol, and was taking this for around 5 months. He also took melatonin, lycopene and maitake D mushroom extract. The decision was then made to fore-go all chemotherapy. The only advise that I would have in battling this awful disease from my experiences through my friend would be to be completely relentless in your treatments. Bombard the tumour with every drug known to man. In saying that, this may only ever prolong the inevitable. Good luck to all suffering from brain tumours or who have loved ones who are afflicted. I feel your pain. Stay strong. Richard Verrelli.

Post subject: Mark Dowling
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:34 am 

Richard,
Sad time for you. Sad story. Quite shocking to hear of the sudden change in diagnosis. Words fail me really but I just wanted to respond to a very sensitive posting. I am sure his experience has caused others much pain and yet given them a new outlook on life itself.
So sorry to hear your news. Take Care.
Susie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 pm 

Thanks for the heartfelt posting Richard.
It truly is an evil beast we fight. My husband is also fighting the same cancer and it has been a very hard 3 months. I can't believe how fast the time has gone though. According to docs we have about a year left but this thing is so unpredictable that we really don't know and that alone has been hard to deal with.
I pray that you carry the memory of your friend close to your heart forever and that somehow good comes out of his death.
Love Anita.