Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 am 

Hi all. My name is Peter and I was diagnosed with a left frontal glioma in April 1985 after a massive fit. No previous symptoms that I noticed. Surgery and radiation followed. Being only 25 at the time, I bounced back to work within four months. Left me a permanent epileptic though - but at least I was still alive!

In 1999 I developed a Meningioma in the radiation bed. During surgery I had a bleed which paralysed my left side. Again, pure bloody mindedness saw me through that one albeit with some cognitive deficits.

In September 2006 I had an left frontal Oligodendroglioma resected. This has left me with impaired judgement , short term memory problems, and great drowsiness. I see the oncologist today to see what chem he recommends.

I have found that having a positive attitude, and a goal in mind has been a great help.

As you can see I have been very fortunate thus far - I tell everybody that I am collecting the full set. I have nicknamed the latest tumour Phil because he filled up a space in my head. When anything is forgotten or goes wrong we blame Phil.

Hope this helps some of you to keep fighting.

Post subject: new to all this!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:41 am 

hi! my name is julie and i have a grade 2 astrocytoma. diagnosed properly in dec 2006, i had a craniotomy in feb 2007 which remove 95% of "bob"( my kids named tumour bob the brainy though i could think of a better expletive to describe him!) i,ve taken it easy since feb and my operation but am now begining to feel frustrated, lonely and a little scared!! your comments have given me more confidence and i,m really trying to remain positive but filled with dread at the thought of the next mri scan in august!!i,d be grateful if anyone has an opinion on noni juice as a friend of mine suggested i try it and i,ve been taking it for about 2 weeks. hoping for that miracle !!! i,d love to be able to contact others in the same situation for chats and advice, it,s great that everyone on this site is helpful and encouraging, it,s made me feel a whole lot better and some of the comments have brought tears of laughter to my eyes by their honesty, others seem to have the same sense of humour as i do, maybe its a requirement in our situation?!!! stay positive, kindest regards, juliexx