Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 am 

Hi everyone, I've finished my radiotherapy, and hoping to go back to work next week. Radio sure took it out of me and I had to have 4 weeks off. What I'm interested is if anyone knows any natural things in the food line that are particularily good for BT.

I won a juicer so that is one thing I'd like to know about too. Like which fruits and vegies are best to use and which to avoid. Hoping there is someone out there that can help.

Cheers

Wendy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:00 pm 

Don't forget extra protein, that helps to balance out sugars and carbs. It can also help you to lose fat as long as you limit your total calories. Great added to those fruit shakes.

Carrots & beetroot are good vegetables for juicing. Some veges don't taste very nice juiced, so it can be a matter of finding good juicing recipes. That you are taking extra fruit & veges is a good idea as they are antioxidants, as well as their nutritional value.

Some people go too far and claiming that juicing can cure cancer - it cannot. The main benefit I believe is in restoring a natural vitality and health.

Supplements that boost memory and brain health are a good idea. I take wild blueberries, berries are good in shakes and great antioxidants, and phosphaytidylserine.

Here is a bodybuilding tip for good measure. Eat your fruits and carbs in the morning and your veges and protein sources (fish etc) in the afternoon/ evening.

Happy juicing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 pm 

Thanks kenobewan, I'll take it all on board. Also what type of protein can you add to fruit and vegetable juices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:11 pm 

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I use whey protein concentrate (WPC), which I buy from a dairy company in bulk; so it works out to be cheaper. I use a lot of protein for my training so I get through that amount no trouble.

Hope your shakes are going well :).