Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am 

I've been following Jerry Kline's recovery from GBM4 for almost 14 months now. He's been an inspiration. He's now got a book out. Profits going to the Brain Tumor Foundation in the US.

Here's a review I wrote for bn.com:

On July 31, 2009 my neurosurgeon informed me that the brain tumor he had resected from my right parietal lobe was a glioblastomamultiforme (GBM4).
He informed me that there wss no cure and that 80% of people died within two years.

His advice to me was to go home, and prepare to die. Obviously that was quite a blow, particularly as I have two young daughters, but I assumed that basically you did what your doctor told you to do. Luckily my wonderful wife stumbled across Jerry's website. Jerry at that stage was a 5.5 year survivor.

I thought to myself if at least one guy's made it past five years, it's at least within the realm of possibility that I can do it too. Thanks to Jerry, my wife and I decided to continue on with our lives.

As a mortal, I know not when my time will come, but one thing I do know is that the past year has been about living rather than dying, and that is in part because Jerry shared his story of hope. Funnily enough, I'm a journalist by profession, and I've knocked out a few books in my time, so I was really pleased to find that when I read Jerry's book, Jerry is a good writer, who's produced a very honest, well written, easy-to-read, account of his "total war". I sincerely highly recommend this book. Jerry is donating the net proceeds from this book to the Brain Tumor Foundation, so it's not like he's trying to profiteer.

He simply has a message he wants people to hear. Thank you Jerry for giving me and others hope.

The book can be purchased from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Unremarkable-Man- ... 343&sr=8-1

Which is where I bought my copy. BTW I would never endorse a book of this nature that I really didn't think was helpful.

DAMN those statistics!