looking for info on pregnancy and labour after having a GBM

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else...
tarsh

looking for info on pregnancy and labour after having a GBM

Post by tarsh » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi this is my first go at being on a forum. I was diagnosed in melbourne in 2000 (age 24) with a grade 4 GBM. Now in 2008 my mri scans show only the cavity of where the tumour had been. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with our first child and wondering if anyone else has been in this situation before - I am keen to know about whether the labour was treated normally, whether there might be any probs. predicted for the baby later on. ie developing a brain tumour.
I am very excited but a little cautious too.
tarsh

Diana Winwood

Your Babay

Post by Diana Winwood » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:38 pm

I like seeing someone who has survived eight years after having a you know what.

My heart goes out to you and your baby. You will love your baby even more through life.

I have 2 daughters, one is 15 and one is 12, and I appreciate them even more now.

Lots of love to you and your family and have a great Christmas.

Diana

Ross Symons
Site Admin

Re: looking for info on pregnancy and labour after having a

Post by Ross Symons » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

tarsh wrote:I am keen to know about whether the labour was treated normally, whether there might be any probs. predicted for the baby later on. ie developing a brain tumour.tarsh

Hi Tarsh,

To my knowledge, other than Li-Fraumeni Syndrome (LFS), there is no known link for the genetic inheritance of brain tumours.

As a dad of four I can say that you will never look back - enjoy every minute of it! I am so excited for you!

Best wishes to you and your baby,

Ross.