Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 pm 

I've just seen a promo for RPA at 20:30 on GTV9. Chris O'Briens story will be shown. This should be the same on Channel 9 Sydney and a number of the regionals.

Sorry for the late advice, I have just hurried to set my PVR to get the program.

Kind regards

David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:14 am 

Hello David
Thanks for the info. Fortunately, I had seen the promo earlier in the week & "wouldn't have missed it for quids!"
Prof O'Brien is such an amazing & inspirational guy. I was very interested to hear of his progress & he is doing soooo well. AFter 2 surgeries (I believe) & a 6mth course of a tri-chemo treatment he is tumour free at the mo! He has also complimented his treatment with natural therapies, vitamins & meditation.
I would be very keen to know the actual names of these treatments & would be keen to hear from anyone who might have this info?!
Cheers, Angie.

Post subject: Brief, but encouraging
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:26 am 

His segment appeared at the end of the program, and he alluded to his cancer being absent, and to his having learned a lot during his own treatment. He was very positive, which is probably genuine, although my cynicism is heightened by anything on television, where a quick snip of the editors scissors can put something out of context, or send some refinement to the cutting room floor.

He made reference to a book he is writing, and that is worth considering. He also referred to herbal supplements and changes of diet. I'd like to hear / read his opinions on this, but the common issue with programs of this type is that they oversimplify. He wrote of Charlie Teo in his article in the weekend paper some months ago, but there was no mention this time. Perhaps enough had been said in a previous appearance on RPA. Still, I am certain that changes have to occur in balance and nothing will be a panacea, nor should it be taken out of context. Oherwise the advertising agencies will leap upon it like hungry jackals.

I'm inclined to think that two significant factors in his recovery were his partner being beside and encouraging him, and his being active and enjoying the fresh air.

Think well, speak well, be well.

David