Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 pm 

I'd love to hear others humour stimulants. I have some I like, but am always open to other suggestions. I also want some laughter I can share with my carer. We still have 2.5 seasons of Boston Legal to catch up on, but that is so good it needs to be spread out a little.

Don't be embarassed about the way you think others may see it, some people, and on some days that includes me, lack the strength to hold and concentrate on a book. An easy drip feed of humour from the goggle box is a great distraction.

I'll start with three selections:

. anything Disney animated in later years like Bugs life, Toy Story, Enchanted and the remake of the Shaggy DA I saw over the weekend that had Tim Allen as a dog barking "To infinity and beyond". Joe Ranft was an amazing part of that team.

. Almost anything with Jack Benny, and I love the 30 or so TV shows I have in my collection.

. Laurel and Hardy are always great for a belly laugh, but I think one of their best is "Fra Diavolo", or the Devils brother. Which purloins the script from an opera and shows what comic opera truly is. (The wine cellar scene is brilliant.)

Kind regards

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:13 pm 

Hmmm this is pretty open topic. So many to choose from.

I'm also a bit of a Tim Allen fan and think his Santa movies were good for a laugh. Also a fan of his Tim The Toolman TV series as well.

Then there is The Krumps staring Eddie Murphy.

I could go on but that'l do for starters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:12 pm 

I enjoy Meet The Parents & Meet The Fockers by Jay Roach, he of Austin Powers fame.

The Farrelly brothers are good value - Me, Myself & Irene, Something About Mary, Stuck On You & The Ringer - I have these on DVD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrelly_brothers

Post subject: Humourous DVD's
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:52 am 

Hi Guys,

I too truly believe "laughter is the best medicine!". Favourite movies are "School of Rock" starring Jack Black and "Dickie Roberts" starring David Spade, favourite TV show is "king of Queens" and my favourite comedian is Arj Barkers "live" DVD. If you haven't seen it it's worth a look, it's hilarious!

Good health to everyone,

Carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 pm 

Of the recent films "Tropic Thunder" is rediculously funny. Not for those who can't stand the "F" word. I have watched it 3 times and am still laughing.