Brain Tumour Survivor

A site dedicated to leading edge treatment for brain tumours
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Can Too Organisation
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:34 am 

Can Too Organisation

Here's an organisation that seems to have some get up and go!

http://www.cantoo.org.au/default.aspx

Nearly $5m raised so far - the thing I love is that they are doing it through healthy lifestyles.

About Can Too

After living overseas for several years, I returned to Australia and decided that rather than re-entering the paid work force I wanted to do something that “would make a difference”. I had a plan to combine my passion for running and fitness with raising money for a Not-For-Profit Organisation.

Through a friend at Macquarie Group, I was introduced to the Macquarie Group Foundation. A conversation with the Head of the Foundation led me to Cure Cancer Australia and Lyn Stroud, their Executive Director. I was impressed with both Lyn and the work of Cure Cancer Australia to fund breakthrough research to create a world without cancer- nothing less. The fact that my own father died of cancer at 51 years old, only increases my desire to see this dream come true. With the support of the Macquarie Bank Foundation and Cure Cancer Australia I forged a formidable partnership and Can Too Run was born!

We are now very excited with the success of the Can Too program. Can Too Run Teams have participated in the Sydney Running Festival (September 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009) and the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon (May 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009). The Can Too Swim Team participated in the Macquarie Big Swim and Cole Classic Ocean Swim (January, February 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009).

I am proud and thrilled to say that from these 14programs, we have raised nearly $4,000,000 for cancer research.

Can Too is a program where everybody wins. It is an opportunity for you as a participant to achieve a goal you may never have thought possible, while at the same time making new friends and getting support from them. Our wonderful coaching team will give you the necessary training and advice to get you across the finish line, in a fun filled, supportive environment!! And all of the proceeds of our fund-raising go directly to supporting breakthrough cancer research.